RV insurance is an important protection to have in place when you own a motorhome. RV insurance may help cover the cost of unexpected incidents such as hail damage, an accident with another vehicle or theft.
What Does RV Insurance Cover?
RV insurance policies for motorhomes may include the following coverages:
- Collision insurance may help cover the cost of damages if you are involved in a collision.
- Comprehensive insurance may help cover damages unrelated to a collision, such as theft, weather damage or vandalism.
- Bodily injury and property damage liability may help pay for property damage or bodily injuries you cause while driving your RV and may help cover legal fees resulting from such an accident.
- Uninsured/underinsured property damage and bodily injury may help pay to repair or replace your RV in an accident with an at-fault driver who doesn’t have the appropriate insurance coverage. These coverages may also help cover medical expenses for bodily injuries you suffer from these accidents.
- Medical payments coverage may help cover medical expenses for you and your passengers if you are in an accident involving your RV, regardless of fault.
Additional coverages to consider include the following:
- Roadside assistance
- Safety glass replacement
- Towing and labor
- Vacation liability
Why Is RV Insurance Important?
RV insurance is also essential because many states require motorhomes to have a certain amount of bodily injury and property damage liability. This, however, may not be a requirement for a travel trailer because it is not motorized. If you are financing a travel trailer, you may still need certain insurance coverages to meet your lender’s requirements. Many lenders will require you to carry specific coverages (e.g., comprehensive and collision), no matter if you are financing a motorized or non-motorized vehicle.
Even if legal or lender requirements do not apply to your situation, you should still consider a robust RV insurance policy to help protect yourself from paying for costly claims out of pocket.
RV Insurance in Whitinsville, MA
To learn more about RV insurance, contact Gaudette Insurance Agency. We work hard to help our clients get the right coverage for their specific needs.
This blog is intended for informational and educational use only. It is not exhaustive and should not be construed as legal advice. Please contact your insurance professional for further information.